The Bengkulu Health Office has said that five regions in the province are still implementing Level 3 public activity restrictions (PPKM).
The five regions that are still implementing Level 3 PPKM are South Bengkulu district, North Bengkulu district, Seluma district, Lebong district, and Bengkulu city, Head of the Bengkulu Health Office Herwan Antoni informed here on Friday.
“However, active cases of COVID-19 in Bengkulu province have declined so there are several regions that are implementing Level 2 PPKM,” he added.
The changes in the PPKM level are based on an evaluation of COVID-19 handling by the Ministry of Health and the National COVID-19 Handling Task Force.
Antoni said there are currently five regions that are implementing Level 2 PPKM in Bengkulu province—Rejang Lebong district, Kaur district, Mukomuko district, Kepahiang district, and Central Bengkulu district.
Meanwhile, 31 COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in the province out of 106 samples examined in the laboratory.
Of the 31 confirmed cases, 10 cases have been reported from North Bengkulu district, 7 cases from Bengkulu city, 6 cases from Rejang Lebong district, 4 cases from Seluma district, 2 cases from South Bengkulu district, and 2 cases from Lebong district.
“Since January until now, there have been 5,742 cases of COVID-19 in Bengkulu province,” the Health Office head said.
The first case of COVID-19 was confirmed in Indonesia in March 2020. According to data from the COVID-19 Handling Task Force, as of March 18, 2022, Indonesia has recorded a total of 5,948,610 COVID-19 cases, 5,549,220 recoveries, and 153,411 deaths.
Meanwhile, Bengkulu province has so far recorded 28,818 COVID-19 cases, 25,159 recoveries, and 507 deaths, as per the task force’s data.
Source: Antara News